Barry were held to a 2-2 draw as the 10-man Penybont came from behind twice in Phase Two of the JD Cymru Premier.

Aiden Lewis gave the visitors the lead into the break and Sam Snaith added to his season tally in the second half, separated by second half equalisers from Kane Owen and Keyon Reffell.

Lewis opened the scoring on 18 minutes after one-way traffic with Ollie Hulburt selflessly pulling back to the advancing midfielder for his first goal of the season.

Owen levelled the game from the spot for Penybont after 64 minutes following Keyon Reffell being brought down by Luc Rees in an arial challenge.

Snaith regained the lead after 71 minutes for the Town with a devastating counter-attack resulting in a header from close range from a Rhys Davies cross.

Reffell was involved once again when Penybont equalised for a second time, this time the end product of a deep cross, sliding home from close range.

Penybont were led to fightback from a 1-0 deficit with 10-men for the majority of the game, Chris Venables was shown a straight red for an off-the-ball incident involving Will Richards in the 24th minute.

Evan Press was the difference between a point and a late comeback as he produced a goalline block from a drilled effort with just 10 minutes to play and the momentum having swung in favour of the 10-men.

Barry were the quickest out the blocks, it took only 27 seconds for the Town to stamp their mark into the game. A Keenan Patten switch to Mike George returning the favour following Patten’s darting run into the box before heading over. Just a minute later, Hulburt found himself firing wide with an effort from inside the 18-yard box.

Hulburt went close again as Barry were boasting all the big chances inside the first 15 minutes. A long, high ball had Hulburt beating the ‘bont defenders heading his one-on-one effort off the woodwork.

The Town’s leading goal scorer had another chance to add to his season tally early in the second half after total domination in the opening period; Davies’ pull back blazed over the bar from close range.

Barry had limited defending to do in the opening half and their first test came from the hosts’ Shaun MacDonald glancing a header wide from a corner early in the second half.

Penybont grew into the game as they equalised for a second time after all momentum appeared sucked out of them following Snaith’s goal, only for the Press-denying chance the difference between a point and none for the visitors in the end.

Penybont: Przybek, Little, Owen ©, Jefferies, Davies (Reynolds 90+2), Harling, Venables, McFayden (Ware 20’), Kircough (Richards 72’), MacDonald, Reffell.

Subs not used: Harris, Krezolek, Griffiths, Borge.

Barry Town United: Rees, MacDonald, Richards, Press ©, George, Davies (Blythe 90’), Patten, Lucas, Lewis (Cotterill 75’), Hulburt, Snaith (McLaggon 75’).

Subs not used: Tucker, Veale, Perrett, Tomlinson.

Goals: Owen 64’, Reffell 76’. Lewis 18’, Snaith 71’.

Yellow Cards: Little 24’, Harling 51’, Owen 62’, Jefferies 82’. Hulburt 25’, Cotterill 80’, MacDonald 82’, Patten 86’.

Red Cards: Venables 24’.